catch up

To say it's been a while would be somewhat of an understatement. As always, the beginning of the year has kept me busy as a bee. Aside from our season starting up again at work, I have successfully managed to get out to the city for the past two weekends and look forward to doing so again this Saturday. The roommates and I have resolved to visit San Francisco at least once a month because none of us do it enough. And so far, we've been there enough times to last until March.

Ratha took me with her and Kendra to a club in Mill Valley Friday night for a SambaDa concert, a band that plays "Afro-Brazilian samba funk dance music" (according to their website). In other words, happiness rolled up in a chord! It was so great to listen to. The music is really lively and uplifting, and the fusion of samba and funk is so cool! I would have danced if I wasn't feeling tired and under the weather. I didn't realize that it was then I began my descent into the week of terrible sickness.

Saturday, I was feeling better than I had Friday night, so I went out to the city to meet up with some high school friends to celebrate Heidi's birthday at Le Colonial. The place was so posh, totally Heidi. And the music was kickin'. I danced for three hours straight; anytime I wanted to take a break, the DJ would play a song I loved. We seriously didn't get out of there till closing time. It was great fun.

As the days progressed, my feeling of sickness had yet to subside. So today, I finally went to see a doctor for what I worried might be the flu because of my feverish symptoms. The flu was quickly ruled out because I didn't actually have a fever or any type of congestion. The doctor worried I might have tuberculosis, but I had recently tested negative for that, so we were in the clear. At this point, I may either have a viral infection (so for those of you whom I have been in contact with for the past five days, I sincerely apologize if you catch it from me!) or something may be wrong with my thyroid gland. They're currently running some blood tests, so I should find out what's wrong with me in the next few days. I kind of hope it's the viral infection because at least that will pass. But if they find something wrong with my thyroid gland, it might explain why I always feel so cold (I'm wearing about four layers of clothing as I type this).

Because of the illness, I've had to use what little personal time off I've accrued to financially compensate for my time out of the office. Which is kind of a bummer because I was trying to save up for a week-long vacation in March since I haven't been on a real get-outta-town vacation in about two years. So much for that. My parents, though, are inviting my sister and I to accompany them to Italy and Spain in late September. I might just have to take them up on that offer because really, who's gonna say no to Italy and Spain?

It's been waaay too long since I last had the chance to really sing. It makes my heart cry a little. More like a lot. Some of the AiR kids and I are going to karaoke Friday night, so that should help remedy the situation. I just hope I'm feeling well enough to make it out. I bet, though, that just a few hours of singing will make me feel better all over. I bet.

Okay! Going to spend the rest of the day watching movies on the couch! Back to work tomorrow whether I like it or not!

Oh! And I finally got some pictures from Disneyland up. Go to my previous post to check them out. The one of me in the hat is my favorite. ;)

No comments: