4.15.2007

one hundred years of sisterhood

This weekend marked the Sigma Chapter of Alpha Omicron Pi's centennial anniversary at UC Berkeley. The past three days flew by in a whirlwind, with a mocktail social at the house, followed by centennial Rose Ball, and and ending with a farewell brunch. I had been anxiously anticipating this weekend for a while now, knowing full well that I would be feeling exhausted from day one. And yes, that was certainly true. But I didn't know that I would feel as renewed as I did. Being so focused and committed to my job and my performance career, I sometimes forget about the other parts of my life, parts that have made equally large contributions to my history and personality. It was nice to have the opportunity to step away from my normal everyday life and submerge myself in my past life, reconnecting with friends from all over the west coast at a place we all once called home.


Centennial Rose Ball at Hs Lordships in Berkeley


Me and my little sis, Marisa


Farewell brunch at AOII

...

Another smaller reunion took place this weekend as well. I met with some fellow AiR alumni at the 3rd annual AiR Alumni Mixer on Saturday morning at the Hotel Durant. We played the hat game, sang songs, and laughed over inside jokes, both old and new. It's amazing how great a distance time can create. I was in the group less than a year ago but it really felt like lifetimes away. I recalled fond memories of my time in AiR, which included many of my friends who are now living halfway across the world. Did all that really happen?

Yeah, and it really was one hell of a good time.

...

Is this the place we used to love?
Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?

Oh, simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on.


"Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane - my official Berkeley theme song

...

Other random news: ginagloria.com is up and running! Check it out for sound samples and upcoming performance information. Yeah!

No comments: