9.27.2006

same old story, not much to say

Now that Aida is done, I've returned to a normal work and play life. Though our evening Parent Night performances for P.E.A.C.E. Signs begin tomorrow, so my weeks will be interrupted by late hours and out-of-town trips. My gym routine has gotten back on track, and my body seems to be very happy about that. I'm starting to give singing lessons this Friday, to a current AiR member, who is willing to tolerate my first try at being a singing teacher in exchange for dinner. I think it'll be okay, and it will give me something to keep my self occupied until I can start regularly rehearsing and performing again, on a full-time hobby kind of basis.

Rehearsals for ACLO's Grand Masquerade have begun, but I don't have my first music rehearsal until next weekend. This is ACLO's first annual fundraiser dinner, and it's pretty high profile. I feel very fortunate to have been invited by our Artistic Director to perform because not everyone gets to participate. I'll be singing two choral pieces - "Masquerade" from The Phantom of the Opera and "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen - and a duet with a fellow Aida cast member - "Lady Marmalade" from Moulin Rouge. We even get our own little dancing entourage for the duet. I'm excited to have the opportunity to continue working with ACLO. I really enjoy the people and have made some great new friends. And everyone is extremely talented.

Other than that, it's been the same old, same old. Cathy's performing as Kim in Miss Saigon once again, and a whole group of us are going to watch her next Saturday. It'll be a nice mini Aida cast reunion. Here are some of my favorite pictures of my cast mates, by the way.


Me and my dressing roommates: (L-R) Judy, Matt, Jaye, and Martha


Virgos! John and me


Alex as Mereb (center), Nick and Mike (L-R) as Nubians


Josh as Zoser, the creepy bad guy, and me


Kelsey, my first ACLO friend, and me


Me and Lisa at the Aida cast party


Spencer and me at the Aida cast party

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gina, I don't remember taking that picture. Hm.