10.04.2006

new things, old places

I've recently discovered the vast collection of musical theatre soundtracks at the Oakland Public Library, located a short four blocks from my office. In the past two weeks, I have made frequent visits and expanded my own personal knowledge of showtunes. In addition, I received iTunes Music Cards as a birthday gift from our friends upstairs, which have also contributed to my musical collection. I think this marks the newest phase of my performance life quite nicely.

ACLO's Grand Masquerade has been cancelled. Though I was disappointed, I consoled myself with the fact that my weekend could now be devoted to the trip to Lake Tahoe that my best friend had previously insisted I come on with her family. The last time Danielle and I went to Tahoe, we were seniors in high school. It was fantastic then, but now that we're 22, I'm sure we will find many more things to be interested in.

I'll soon be rehearsing for ACLO's 10th Anniversary Show, which plays one night this November. I'm excited to see and work with my newfound friends once again. Aside from ensemble work, I'll be performing as Ronette in a Little Shop of Horrors medley. Yeee, solos! It will be really nice to have something to look forward to, once again, after work, aside from my regular time at the gym. I miss performing, and I've promised myself to jump on every chance I get to do it.

Speaking of work, it's still as great as ever. I participated in my first Parent Night event last week, and it went smoothly. It's fun to be out on the road, touring with the troupe, and meeting the people of the communities we serve. Tomorrow, we're headed to Fresno for my first out-of-town. Supposedly, the school we're at this week is very enthusiastic about the program, and tomorrow's Parent Night is expected to host quite a large audience. I'm not as worried as I think I should be, but I suppose that's a good thing.

I'm looking forward to the weekend and Miss Saigon. Since I've been calling the box office so much about group tickets and show times, I've made friends with the box office manager, who once referred to me as "Kim's sister" and insists that we meet come Saturday. I was more than happy to oblige. In the world of theatre, networking is the way to go.

No comments: